Re: [Openexr-devel] Invert lines during reading process ?

From: Gernot Ziegler
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Invert lines during reading process ?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:38:08 +0100 (MET)

Hej Bob !

> Quite fast is relative.  Is it fast enough to support double-buffered
> playback of 1080P/24 or 1080P/30 content?
well, that very much depends on your ... harddiscs ;)
(the upload to the GPU is not that much of an issue anymore in comparison
to the harddisc transfer, and if you use textures, you can flip the image
data by drawing a textured quad upside down)

I guess the new multi-threaded should be pretty capable, but I have not
tested it yet.
You will definitely need a high-end system for that purpose.

Servus,
  Gernot

--
O  The Austria <=> Sweden <=> Germany <=> Netherlands connection.....   H