[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR on the desktop!

From: Mike S
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR on the desktop!
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:44:57 +0000

I'm currently trying OpenEXR. One problem for me are the high demands for lots of RAM when doing playback. The playback application simply stores an array of OpenEXR images in-memory. When doing a typical HD res playback the cache allocates
almost all available RAM.

Are there are any good alternatives to using lots of RAM when doing OpenEXR playback? On the desktop, how is it handled at other studios? This isnt just about OpenEXR but it would be VERY interesting to hear some feedback on how other people have dealt with the problem!

Thanks,

// Mike

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/