Re: [Openexr-devel] photoshop CS

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] photoshop CS
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:19:28 +0100

That explains much.  Well, we went ahead and purchased
the SDK and I finally got it ported.  I can send the modified
source code and project back to you (or anybody else).

--Ken

Paul Schneider wrote:

Hey, Ken (and other Photoshop fans),

the prebuilt plugins will indeed work with Photoshop CS - I believe they should work with any version of Photoshop from 5.1 on up. We're using these plugins inside CS here. The plugins are built with the Photoshop 6 SDK, which was the last SDK to be distributed for free; I did this on purpose to make the plugin source available to a wide number of developers. We don't include the SDK for licensing reasons (even though it doesn't cost money), but it should be possible to get your hands on a copy if you need to build your own plugin.

I haven't tried building the plugin with more recent SDKs, but it's probably a good idea to add support for more modern SDKs for those who want to build their own versions of the plug-in with CS-specific features. I'd like to keep the ability to build with the 6.0 SDK as well, so that the EXR Photoshop plugin is available to as many developers as possible. There's probably a macro I can check to see which headers to include. If anyone out in developer-land would like to make this change, I'd gladly incorporate it into the source.

- Paul