[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR updates

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR updates
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:55:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I've just committed the following changes to OpenEXR CVS:

1. First pass at a Win32 port.  This version requires Visual Studio 6.0
and the Intel C++ compiler.  It will not compile with Microsoft's own C++
compiler that comes with Visual Studio 6.0.  However, pre-built
libraries might work with your Microsoft C++-compiled project (depends
on which include files you're using from OpenEXR).  See the README.win32
file for details.

The next update to the Win32 port will be for Visual Studio .NET and I'll
attempt to make Microsoft C++ 7.0 work.

Thanks to a bunch of people for their help on this, especially Dustin
Graves and Jukka Liimatta.  See the AUTHORS file for contributors and let
me know if you think I've forgotten to include you.

I would also appreciate feedback on the port and any results you might
have with it.  I'll post pre-built libs and binaries when the 1.0.5
release happens (hopefully soon).

If you already have an OpenEXR CVS tree, just do 'cvs update -dP' in the
top-level directory to get the project files.  Otherwise, do this:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr co OpenEXR

to get the CVS source tree.

2. We're releasing a new utility, exrheader, which dumps out OpenEXR
header attributes.  It's now part of the full OpenEXR software
distribution.  See above for details on how to update your OpenEXR CVS
tree to get exrheader.

3. We're also releasing an OpenEXR Renderman display driver under our free
software license.  It lives in a different source tree, because I suspect
most Renderman users will install pre-built OpenEXR libs and build just
the display driver from source.  To check it out from GNU Savannah CVS, do
the following:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr co d_exr

Then see the Makefile for instructions on how to build it.

Thanks to ILMers Bill Anderson and Florian Kainz for the driver.

Very soon, we hope to release our Photoshop plugin for OpenEXR.  We've
gotten the OK from legal, just need to prepare it for a public release.

enjoy
-dwh-