RE: [Openexr-devel] Hello OpenEXR list - and some questions

From: John Burnett
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] Hello OpenEXR list - and some questions
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:04:50 -0800

> > 1b. ...and may I use the libraries posted earlier on this
> > list to link against?
> Once we've got Windows support in the GNU Savannah OpenEXR source
> tree, though, I'd appreciate it if you started using

Hum... *this* is where I'd wonder about VC6 support, since VC7 isn't really
supported with the 3dsmax sdk... though if you can avoid allocating memory
that is the responsibility of 3ds to free (and vice versa), then you're
supposedly safe.  I don't know enough about bitmap IO in 3ds to know if
that's possible or not (I'd be surprised if it was).

Does it look like VC6 support is out for sure?  (hate VC7... the compiler is
nicer, but the IDE is bloody annoying).

John