om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Good news and bad news...

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Good news and bad news...
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:20:58 +0200

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 23:47 +0200, elgrande wrote:
> Yippieh, no error messages...
>
> so far so good...
>
> I now can load patches without problems...
>
> But: No Sound....
>
> I think I just do not understand it...
>
> IT IS QUIET!
> HELP!

Which patches are you loading? Are you connecting the JACK ports?

A simple way to check that Om itself is working: Create a new patch with
the name "sinepatch", add an audio output module ("Om patch audio output
node") with the name "audio_output_0", add a sine oscillator ("Sine
Oscillator (Freq:control, Amp:control)" ), connect the JACK port
"Om:sinepatch/audio_output_0" to the JACK port for your soundcard using
qjackctl or Patchage or jack_connect, connect the output of the sine
oscillator to the "audio_output_0" module in your Om patch. You should
hear a beep, if you don't something is wrong with Om or your audio
setup.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php