Re: Status of Octave in Windows 10

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Status of Octave in Windows 10
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:36:50 +0200

There is one glaring windows 10-specific problem that annoys me 10 times a day:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=52496

Fix that and I agree the warning is pointless.

Cheers... Ian

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018, 19:06 PrasannaKumar Muralidharan, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I installed Octave 4.4 using octave-4.4.0-w64_1-installer.exe from https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html. Installer warned saying that Octave on Windows 10 is not tested.

Octave test suite result summary on Windows 10 is below:

  FAIL                                0
  XFAIL (reported bug)               36
  SKIP (missing feature)             54
  SKIP (run-time condition)           5

Octave test suite has not reported any failure. Tests are skipped (missing feature) due to missing llvm jit. I feel that the warning in the installer is too extreme, not required and hope it can be removed.

I would like to thank Octave maintainers for doing a great job.

Thanks,
PrasannaKumar