Re: Status of Octave in Windows 10

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Status of Octave in Windows 10
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 15:45:56 -0400

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
nrjank wrote
> Is everyone else in agreement that this is a critical item that warrants
> keeping the warning? should octave on Mac have a similar warning or is
> everything fine there? is there a more useful/informative message that it
> can be changed to before the final 4.4.1 push?

This does not affect macOS. Here, the gui is affected by

#49053 (HiDPI, a patch has been proposed)
#50025 (gui freeze on exit, workaround proposed)
#53695 (missing support for BSD tar, patch proposed)

It would have loved to see some of those patches in 4.4.1 :(

Best,
Sebastian

i guess I didn't mean is this specific Windows bug present in macOS, but if we're giving warnings about non-linux use, is there enough undesirable behavior to warrant a more general 'if it ain't linux' warning?