Re: Make install stable not working

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Make install stable not working
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:24:35 -0700

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 18:04:45 +0100, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> > How do I find the qt5 dependencies, in the wiki we have for qt4
> > (indeed configure is using that)
> ok, configure doesn't complain after I installed
> qtbase5-dev
> libqt5core5a-dev
> qttools5-dev-tools

I curate my own lists of Octave dependencies, you can look at

https://salsa.debian.org/mtmiller/mtmiller-defaults/blob/master/debian/control#L99

or

  https://github.com/mtmiller/ansible-role-octave-dev/blob/master/vars/main.yml

https://github.com/mtmiller/ansible-role-octave-dev/blob/master/vars/Ubuntu-xenial.yml

(replace the last link with whichever codename of Ubuntu you are on).

> and configure with --with-qt=5

This is now the default, so you don't need --with-qt at all.

>  GEN      doc/interpreter/.octave-qthelp-stamp
> qcollectiongenerator: could not exec
> '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qcollectiongenerator': No such file or
> directory

Oh, I think I see why this is. You probably have qtchooser installed,
but Qt 4 is still the default. The other tools (moc, uic, etc) have
variables for the "-qt5" option to ensure we use the right version, but
it looks to me like QCOLLECTIONGENERATOR doesn't.

Can you verify by running

    $ qtchooser -print-env
    QT_SELECT="default"
    QTTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/qt5/bin"
    QTLIBDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"

You can apt install the "qt5-default" package if you want to bypass
this. But this is a case that we should address.

--
mike