Re: package autoload

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: package autoload
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:24:55 +0200

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 02:55:47PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Removal of autoload will (hopefully) have one big advantage: That people add
> “pkg load” commands at the beginning of their script files. This will make
> the script files portable(*) and other users can easily tell that they miss
> a particular package if the script stops right at the start on their
> computer.

Without trying to abort the discussion, I'd like to say that this
convinces me to a sufficient degree.

And thanks to all who took the time to respond.

An afterthought (occured to me thinking about this all): I'd say at
least within OF, packages should usually try to avoid name conflicts
(except when deliberately overriding something). With a central list
of names, e.g.. It was only meant as a hint -- if you like to discuss
it, better start a new thread.

Olaf