Re: package autoload

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: package autoload
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:51:27 +0200

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Apr 15, 2016, at 07:47, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Toolboxes in matlab do not autoload
>
> I've been using Matlab since 1990. I don't use many toolboxes, but none of
> the toolboxes I have used require loading (optimization, for example).
>
> Afaik, loading a toolbox is as simple as placing it in the path.
>
> Ben

adding it to the path is modifying the starup file of matlab,
basically adding "addpath".
The user does it via the GUI, but they are modifying a configuration
file. You need toto this when you want a toolbox to be autoloaded, and
if you install it you need to remove it form there.
This is what the user needs to do with their .octaverc