Re: Can you move the 'database' package to mercurial?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Can you move the 'database' package to mercurial?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 00:12:16 +0000

On 27 February 2016 at 13:44, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carnë,
>
> could you move the database package to mercurial? I'm beginning to
> have difficulties in handling SVN in some cases ...

It is done. You should have both database and database-postgresql history
there, albeit with some caveats (see below).

On 27 February 2016 at 21:23, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> I use `hg convert` instead. I have an svn checkout "OF", which I've
> converted into an hg repo "OF-hg". I can incrementally do `hg convert
> OF OF-hg` to turn new svn commits into hg commits. I just did that and
> pushed it to hg.octave.org

Is "hg convert" supposed to follow files across file copies?  It seems that
didn't work.  Example, the current "main/database/INDEX" was a copy of a
previous "main/database-postgresql/INDEX" file:

    $ svn log -v main/database/INDEX
    [...]
    r11580 | i7tiol | 2013-01-16 06:17:06 +0000 (Wed, 16 Jan 2013) | 1 line
    Changed paths:
    [...]
       A /trunk/octave-forge/main/database/INDEX (from
/trunk/octave-forge/main/database-postgresql/INDEX:11578)
    [...]
    Populated new database package with initial postgresql interface.
    [...]

But when checking the mercurial repository, even with '--follow', it
does not go in there.  The first changeset from that file is the one
above.

Carnë