Re: C++11 now default?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: C++11 now default?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:18:20 -0800

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 16:04:50 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 02/22/2016 03:07 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
> >* I have to set the OCTAVE_DEPRECATED(msg) macro to be
> >
> >     #define OCTAVE_DEPRECATED(msg) __attribute__ ((__deprecated__))
> >
> >   because apparently the optional msg argument was added in gcc 4.5.
>
> That should be easy enough to fix with a configure check.

I added this change:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/64be7d374f86

I think that may be safer than a configure feature test in this case,
e.g. someone could build and install Octave with one compiler but
reference the header files with a different compiler. But we can add or
improve the logic later (including whether to use C++ attributes, I saw
in the FIXME comment).

--
mike