Ubuntu osmesa problems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Ubuntu osmesa problems
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:23:24 -0500

Andy (and all),

It's been confirmed that a recent update to the Ubuntu packaging of
OSMesa breaks the __osmesa_print__ function in Octave, and not just for
Nvidia users. I think this has something to do with multiple conflicting
libGL function definitions. See bug #46675 for details.

This only affects 14.04 users, for now, it would be nice to address this
before 16.04 happens in a few months.

Is there a simple non-Octave test program I can submit to the Ubuntu bug
tracker to demonstrate the problem? Any suggestions to the Ubuntu X
packagers on how to address this?

Thanks,

--
mike