Re: Bring Pytave into core

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Bring Pytave into core
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 13:02:57 -0400

On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 16:31 +0000, Carlo De Falco wrote:
> this does not really sound like two-way communication but yet
> another way to allow Python users to access Octave features.

True, that's what it currently does. But it's also implemented by
directly calling the Octave C++ classes, and by two-way communication
I mean that it already has routines for turning Python objects into
C++ Octave objects and vice versa. This means that it can be used to
implement Matlab's py classdef interface, which seems to me less
natural than doing it by parsing over pipes.

- Jordi G. H.