Re: Bring Pytave into core

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Bring Pytave into core
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 10:27:08 +0100

On 08/04/15 22:03, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 04/06/2015 01:02 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

I mean that it already has routines for turning Python objects into
C++ Octave objects and vice versa. This means that it can be used to
implement Matlab's py classdef interface,

That alone would be a good reason to use it.

This would be great for the Symbolic toolbox: I looked at various interfaces but most concentrated on running Octave *from* Python. So I piped and parsed (as quite-rightfully criticized by Jordi).

I'd be happy to be involved in such an effort. The Symbolic package tests might be useful.

See also "help evalpy" and "help python_cmd" in the Symbolic pkg.

Colin