Re: Basic classdef functionality

From: Philipp Kutin
Subject: Re: Basic classdef functionality
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:18:16 +0200

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> So you are objecting to the GNU coding style.  Is this the first time
> you've encountered it?
It is, but I knew of its existence.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> By the way, for hacking on Octave, proficiency in C is not very
> helpful, and I daresay, it may even interfere. (...) C++ is a
> different language that only for marketing purposes includes most but
> not all of C.
Agreed! I cringe a little every time I see someone write "C/C++" like
if they were somehow similar for idiomatic code.

----------

I guess it's logical that I start with smallish changes. I posted two patches,

 #8134  Speed up waitbar () by caching axes and patch handles in
figure's __guidata__.
 #8133  profexplore.m: Allow calling with no args, add "quit" as alias
to "exit".

and three bugs,

 #39588         waitbar/gnuplot init issue: waitbar(x, han) opens two
additional figures.
 #39587         Assertion failure with profexplore after profile erroneous
use: Assertion `active_fcn != call_tree' failed.
 #39586         Assertion failure with profexplore valid use: Assertion
`fcn_id == fcn' failed.

 on the respective trackers.

The patches are on a brach I created locally, "classdef-pk", although
I verified that the files had no changes with the default branch. Is
this a problem? If you decide to apply them, it would probably be on
default then. Hopefully it will be easy to manage this somehow. (E.g.
if you decide to slightly tweak the patches, I'll have to delete my
commits and replace them with those coming from default, etc.)

--Philipp