Re: Basic classdef functionality

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Basic classdef functionality
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:32:47 +0100

On 25/07/2013 12:06, Philipp Kutin wrote:

  When I
tried a week ago from a fresh clone, compilation gave me errors in the
Bison parser, if I recall correctly.

You should have another go and report the specific error, I've built the classdef branch a few times and have not usually had any build issues, and the classdef stuff has worked really well too (thanks devs!). It already does a lot of what you suggest I think, such as handle classes and inheritance. Perhaps you just have a bad setup, you should try building the default or last release version to check.

As a final motivational example, consider an interface to a user's
favorite GUI toolkit (or maybe, "library providing graphics and basic
GUI-like functionality"). The gateway to that library is realized
using a single MEX file,

Perhaps you mean something like this:

https://www.mathworks.co.uk/matlabcentral/fileexchange/38964-example-matlab-class-wrapper-for-a-c++-class

I have tried this out with the classdef branch and it works. I have a project that has quite an involved example interface to some C++ finite element codes here: https://sourced.ecdf.ed.ac.uk/projects/see/xfemm

I find this method of interfacing incredibly useful and am creating an interface to Qucs (

Regards,
Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.