Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 22:36:07 -0400

On 05/13/2013 10:30 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

My only other thought is to disable all special tty settings and any
Qt shortcut keys that apply to the terminal widget, let readline get
all these characters, and define readline functions for them that do
whatever is necessary to invoke the appropriate actions: interrupting
Octave, performing readline or GUI actions. It looks like that also
has a chance of working with the Windows terminal as well.

Except that for CTRL-C as interrupt, this doesn't quite work because if Octave is busy doing something, readline will not be getting the CTRL-C input, so will have no way of triggering the interrupt. So in that case, we either need CTRL-C to generate a signal external to Octave and its GUI, or we need some shortcut (could be local to the terminal widget) that can be used to generate an interrupt signal when Octave is not sitting at the readline prompt.