Re: Google Summer of Code Project

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code Project
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:23:39 -0500

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Ming Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Patrick,
I am still very interested in this project. I am also considering to apply other Gsoc projects that is relevant to GNU Octave image processing functions, if possible. For example, the "Improvements to n-dimensional image processing" project.
I also plan to do other kinds of studies in this summer. I can spend two hours each day on the Gsoc project.
I am currently preparing the proposal. However, as you mentioned that ' The Octave template may not be used this year', should I wait until the latest template come out, or continue with the current one?
I am in Sydney, so the time is UTC + 10
Kind regards,
Ming

Hi Ming,

Glad to hear you're still interested.  You should start with the current Octave template.

Two hours per day seems quite light.  I don't know about others, but I was anticipating a minimum of 20 hours per week (much more, ideally).

Regards,
Patrick