Re: Google Summer of Code Project

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code Project
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:10:15 -0400

On 11 April 2013 06:30, Ming Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Jordigh,

"Jordi" will do. :-) "JordiGH" is just my IRC handle. I'm CC'ing the
Octave dev list, and please keep them in CC yourself.

> I am Ming Liu, a postgraduate student in the Australian National University.
> I am interested in the GNU Octave project "Improvements to n-dimensional
> image processing". I have some relative background about this. May I
> participate in this project?

This sounds interesting, are you familiar with Octave? Have you used
it before? Do you know Matlab m-files or C++?

Do you understand the current state of the image package and what
needs to be done?

We are very much interested in long-term contributors to Octave, after
GSoC ends. You should approach this project with that in mind.
Hopefully you like Octave and its community enough to stick around for
a while post-GSoC.

How do you use n-dimensional images in your own work?

- Jordi G. H.