Re: Help needed to fix QTerminal problem

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help needed to fix QTerminal problem
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:09:38 -0400

On 04/08/2013 02:53 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    On 04/01/2013 01:06 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

        I checked in the following change to force the terminal window
        in the
        GUI for Windows system to be black text on a white background.
        It works,
        but it's also not user-customizable. I'm not sure how best to handle
        these settings. Comments or suggestions welcome.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/__hgweb/octave/rev/eeedbc7c0740
        <http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/eeedbc7c0740>

    It also doesn't quite work properly.  It does give black on white for
    the terminal window, but when less displays its prompt for more input,
    all I see now is a black bar.

    So does anyone know the proper way to fix this problem so the terminal
    colors will match the rest of Octave on Windows systems?

    Even better than that, can anyone help to allow these colors to be
    customized by the user?

Did you try to invert the colors
in libgui/qterminal/libqterminal/win32/QTerminalColors.cpp instead?

No, I'll try that. But even before my changes, the background color appeared to be set unconditionally to Qt::Black:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/eeedbc7c0740

Is there a way to ask for the background color from the hidden terminal? Or should I just set it to white unconditionally?