Re: patch to be applied to default or stable ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: patch to be applied to default or stable ?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:55:20 -0500

On 17-Jan-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:14 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > On 17-Jan-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:

| > |
| > | On Jan 15, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
| > |
> [...]
improper size.
| > | >> |
| > | >> |
applied to.
| > | >> |

began to use gs to convert eps to bitmap formats. The 3.2.x series would have
worked correctly.

| > |
| > | I pushed to default.
| > |
| > |   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/df695e37d404
| >
| > I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier.  I do want to be somewhat
| > conservative about what is applied to the stable branch but this
| > change doesn't look that risky and it fixes a regression so it might
| > be best to apply it to the stable branch.  I can transplant it if you
| > agree.
| >
| > jwe
|
| Ok. I haven't transplanted before, so I think it best that you do it.

Looking at this today, if I do

  print test.eps '-S1024,768'

the bounding box in the eps file is set to 1024x768, but the size of
the plot does not fill the bounding box.  Instead, it is in the top
left corner of the page and occupies about 1/4 of the page area.

Is that the correct behavior?