Re: Octave development on MacOS 10.7 using macports

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave development on MacOS 10.7 using macports
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:19:13 -0400

On Aug 24, 2011, at 7:22 AM, Jarno Rajahalme wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2011, at 21:57 , ext Ben Abbott wrote:
>>
>> I've pruned my configure script.  It no longer requires the Carbon framework.
>>

> Might as well --without-x ?

I did give that some thought. I decided to go with X11 since it comes standard
with Lion and because full functionality of both backends rely upon knowing the
screen size.

At the moment, using the default values for the unit properties doesn't create
a problem, but there are cases where I expect it would. For example ...

        set (gcf, "units", "normalized")
        get (gcf, "position")

Ben