Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll factor

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: fltk backend fix & mouse wheel scroll factor
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:30:34 +0200

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:

>>> I applied it.  Zooming seems to work well for me now with either the
>>> scroll wheel or the click and drag method.

>>> Just about zooming/rotating issues, or other things?  :-)
>>>
>>> If we just had images working, then the fltk backend might be able to
>>> run all the demos...
>>
>> My problem right now is that I have only very short timeslots (~1
>> hour) for this, so I try to do small simple stuff. I'll have a look at
>> the image code (probably copy from jhandles as usual..) and see if it
>> fits the timeslot.
>>
>> Shai
>>

> Is implementing the images in the gl renderer and harder than making a
> texture with the image on it as a very small negative z-depth, so that
> things plotted on top of it show up?  If that is the case, then I may be
> able to take look at this.

That should do the trick, and there is even a texture helper class
already in gl-render.cc
However there might be a complication if the image is large (10
megapixel images are not uncommon) - I am not sure but there will be
limits to texture sizes. Maybe using a gl bitmap might be better? I
have not studied this yet, so I'm unsure

Shai