Re: 3.0 when?

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: 3.0 when?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:58:37 +0100

Hello Benjamin

Perhaps you aware that I have forgotten to talk about the octcdf, which
requires the netcdf.

Yes I know that there are some packages that have additional external dependencies.
I have not checked for *every* forge package to install on-the-fly.
Since dependency building is the bigger task on win32 the packages with external deps simply had lower priority.

Frankly, if a forge package building-and-installation exceeds a certain degree of complexity and makes it very tidysome to do for the average user in a win32 machine then I'll not put infinitly much effort into it.
If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
If one wants a smooth (and IMO in many aspects better) system, I suggest a switch to one of the various *nix distros. Of course there are those who have no choice (like me), and here a working win32 octave is a *big* relief :) Forge Packages are a very nice bonus, but I do not use all of them and thus had not checked for all of them to work.

do it step by step.

benjamin