Re: Metis

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Metis
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:35:29 -0400

On Oct 18, 2007, at 7:11 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

Dear all

As before I ask in the help-octave thread
I cannot build metis on mingw and jwe taught me that octave linked with metis is not compatible the
GPL.
In the Debain, jwe told me that there are suitesparse libraries which are not linked with metis.

http://www.nabble.com/HDF5-and-metis-4.0-on-mingw- tf4258320.html#a12120550

However the suitesparse binaries are not always prepared and
people who visit to the suitesparse web page perhaps need METIS to build the cholmod library.

(But I carefully read it again, it certainly was written as optional.)

So I think it is recommended to prepare a document about this issue for those who careless
people like me.

Regards

I believe the details for compiling SuiteSparse with and without METIS are in SuiteSparse/UFconfig/UFconfig.mk.

If you haven't looked at that file, you may find what you need there.

Ben