images

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: images
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:57:43 -0600

Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Ok, some more questions.  I see the issue with imshow(r,g,b).  Legacy code
converts those r,g,b components to a color map.  That's not required and
probably not preferred.  Gnuplot can handle r,g,b components.

Should there be a general function, say __img__.m to handle all the cases of
imshow, image, and imagesc?

I guess a more basic question is should there be another "image" type, e.g., "rgbimage",
or do both fall under the class "image"?  I.e., another case?

        case "image"
          if (have_img_data)
            warning ("an axis can only display one image");
          endif
          have_img_data = true;
          img_data = obj.cdata;

Having multiple images shouldn't be too difficult.

However, one thing the file __uiobject_draw_axes__ loses is the order in which
things are plotted.  Right now it is always image on the bottom, but I'd think
that the user may not always want that.  Why not retain the order of plotting?
I'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to build the plot string when going
through the for loop.

Dan