Re: Pre-compiled octave for Windows

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Pre-compiled octave for Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:02:20 -0500

On Dec 14, 2006, at 10:14 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

Using NSI, I built (mainly as a try-out) a pre-compiled package of octave, with
 the main support tools included. This package contains:
- octave with support for BLAS, LAPACK, SparseSuite, HDF5, ZLIB, GLPK, Pcre and FFTW
 - gnuplot
 - support tools (less, sed, makeinfo; actually just the EXE and DLL's)

The problem of the support tools installation path was solved pretty easily as the bin directory of Octave is put automatically into PATH at startup; hence the EXE
 just have to be in the bin directory.

I thought this could be a easy way for windows people to give octave a try. The problem I have for the moment is the size of the package, ~13MB. I can't send that by e-mail (because of our mail server), nor do I have on-line storage space where I could put it publicly. So if anybody has an idea, I'd be glad to pass it
 to anyone interested.

You can put the test file on the project web space at source-forge.

Make sure you do not run afoul of the acceptable use policy.

Disk Quota: Each project is provided 100MB of disk space for their usage. Each user is provided 5 MB of disk space. Any excess usage without prior permission may result in data purge without notice.

Bandwidth: SourceForge.net servers may not be used for bandwidth-intensive applications. Project file releases should be placed in the File Release System, not project web space;

If you use it as a temporary sharing site you should be fine.

Alternatively, you can create a new category of alpha releases and use the usual file release system.

        - Paul