RE: Re: Pre-compiled octave for Windows

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: Re: Pre-compiled octave for Windows
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:05:52 +0100

> I think that showing the license is fine, but as David says, you don't
> have to accept the license just to install and use Octave, so if that
> is what the button is for, then I think we should find a way to avoid
> presenting it to the person installing Octave. Users should be seeing
> a message stating that Octave is free software when they run Octave.
>
> It currently does not specifically mention the GPL, but we could
> change that and make it so that "help copying" or "copying" will
> display the GPL.

I found a way to avoid the agreement, but it's not the default NSIS
behavior, so you have to fool it a little bit. Instead of a check box,
NSIS allows you to have a notice like "Click on 'I agree' to continue
installation" and turns the "Next" button into an "I agree" button.
If you remove the notice and turns back the button into "Next", then
it doesn't look like an agreement, but more like a notification.

Binary package is not updated yet.

Michael.