Re: segmentation fault when load more then 2.1 GB

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: segmentation fault when load more then 2.1 GB
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:55:18 -0400

On  7-Oct-2004, Russell Standish <address@hidden> wrote:

| This leaves a major unsolved task of how to fold these changes back
| into John's CVS repository - as Octave has now marched onto 2.1.60...

The key is to use a typedef as Paul mentioned, and to send small sets
of changes often.  If you dump a multi-megabyte patch on me after you
finish with your changes, it will likely be so much work to apply that
we will not be able to use it.  So please, if you are working on a
change like this that will touch many files (which are also being
changed by other people for completely different reasons) then it is
important that you make your changes relative to the current CVS
sources, not some arbitrary version like 2.1.57, and that you submit
patches frequently for say one file at a time.

Thanks,