cygwin installer package

From: Jonah Bossewitch
Subject: cygwin installer package
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:20:00 -0400

Hi,

This question isn't really about Octave, but about the standalone
windows installer.  I noticed that you packaged your application along
with the necessary cygwin libraries
(http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2003/
msg01412.html), so if a user doesn't have cygwin, they don't need to
install it separately first.

We are working on porting a custom application to windows, and cygwin
is the most straightforward way to accomplish this.  Some of our users
are novices, and we would like to ship a packaged installer that
installs all the software they need.  I understand that people with
cygwin already installed may need to download a separate binary.

Can you please point us in the direction of the steps you took using
NSIS to create this installer.

I will gladly write up step by step instructions outlining the
technique.

Thanks for all your help,
Jonah