nuxeo-localizer

[Nuxeo-localizer] possitive discrimination of a given language

From: Luistxo Fernandez
Subject: [Nuxeo-localizer] possitive discrimination of a given language
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:35:12 +0100

David:

>Another advantage (for you) to moving to the CVS is that it gives you more
>power to change "USER_PREF_LANGUAGES", so you'll be able to implement,
>for example "possitive discrimination of a given language".

Now, that´s what a customer demanded us for an ongoing project.

Languages for the site: Spanish (es) / Basque (eu).

It´s a site about Basque-language promotion. It happens that many Basque users
just get customised PCs out of the shop with a spanish-configured browser
(marketing options go that way around here). Then it would happen that many
users would find Spanish first... Not very elegant, given the site´s nature.

Dirty solution that we found: The locales for Localizer will be Irish (ga) and
Basque (eu, set as default). And (ga) will be disguised as Spanish... So,
everybody will get Basque first, except people with browsers configured for
Irish, who will get a Spanish version.

Disclaimer: Our choice for Irish has nothing to do with Gaelic.. It´s just that
its ISO 2-letter code 'ga' fits somehow with the Basque name of the Spanish
language ('Gaztelania').

Luistxo