Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away

From: Edo (Edoardo Biagioni)
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 14:46:00 -1000

I told you that the message is gone, but I was wrong.  It is less
frequent than it used to be, but it still shows up occasionally
(this is after deleting "Welcome: disable" from the .mh_profile)

For example, "prev" and "show" don't display the message, but "next"
does.

I hope this helps.

        edo

Message <address@hidden> says:

Edo wrote:

> Recently I updated to ubuntu 18.04, and I got the message below.  In
> spite of the promise on the last line, the message (and the need to
> press "enter" for each email that I read) does not go away.

The easiest fix, I expect, would be to add this to your profile
($HOME/.mh_profile):

Welcome: disable

We should try to understand why you keep seeing the welcome message.
Is your context file writable?  The path to the context file can be
shown by "mhparam context".  It is relative to your MH directory, shown
by "mhparam path".  Does it contain a Version component, such as:

    $ cat `mhparam path`/`mhparam context`
    Current-Folder: inbox
    Version: nmh-1.7

Do you have an MHCONTEXT environment variable set?  "mhparam context"
won't reflect it.