Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:58:59 +0000

Hi Bakul,

> And the programs I tried worked fine. Running best scan time for 200K
> messages, scan+gc takes 13.5 seconds while the regular scan 7.4
> seconds. Looking top, the GC version takes 27MB while the nonGC
> version 22MB.

Would the nonGC be before Ken's recent fix of the big memory leak in
1.7-branchpoint-489-g946ddda2.  (The one that shows up corruption
problems?)

BTW, it looks like FreeBSD's time(1), not the shell built-in, has a `-l'
that will show maximum RSS, to save monitoring top(1).

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy