Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:46:55 +0000

Hi Ken,

> - Messages in IMAP are immutable, so if you overwrite ~/mail/inbox/42,
> in theory you should get a new UID for that message.  But maybe our
> "internal" IMAP implementation wouldn't care.

So if the IMAP server noticed ~/mail/inbox/42 was different and started
calling it 314, 42 having gone, the user would be upset.  So we'd need
some separate ID that the server carried with 42->314 so a layer of
indirection could exist in scan, etc.

> - AFAICT, pick(1) is implementable completely via the "vanilla" IMAP
> protocol, but if I'm wrong I'd be interested in knowing about it.

Well, if IMAP flings back the whole email then everything is
implementable.  :-)  But our own server could marry up with the needs of
the clients.

    pick -thread '<address@hidden>' \
        -dkim-valid -dkim-d '.*mail.com'

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy