Re: [Nmh-workers] Having configure Check for cc's -pedantic -ansi.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Having configure Check for cc's -pedantic -ansi.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 12:20:25 +0100

Hi,

Some more notes on building at the "bleeding edge" that is Arch Linux.
:-)

    ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')

This is due to the new `D' option to ar(1) for deterministic mode.
automake have been told they need to adapt, but have done nothing with a
patch for months.  http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20082
It's been a problem for Red Hat for a while.

I've pushed 4ac9784480441d2bebe8a2ad9584165bbf2ee345 to have configure
edit flex's 2.6.1 output;  it already had logic for fixing earlier
versions.  But that doesn't come into play for configure's flex tests
so, if CFLAGS has -Werror, they fail.  Thus I've stopped using -Werror
on this machine.

The `tags' target uses etags, not installed here.  It seems that's a
default and nothing to do with nmh's use of autotools?  One must use the
`ctags' target.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy