Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 14:52:36 +0000

Hi Erich,

> > Does this not work for you?
> >
> > % pick unseen <pick arguments>

`pick unseen 42' does a union of both.  There's no `-inseq unseen'
option to pick.

There's

    pick -seq foo 42 314
    mark -seq foo -del notunseen
    pick -list -seq foo
    mark -seq foo -del all

`not' is my ~/.mh_profile's `sequence-negation: not'.  The second pick
might complain `foo' doesn't exist and exit(1).  If it doesn't, you can
clean up with the second mark.

> I also very much do not want to, say, produce another sequence as the
> output, since, at least so far, MH-W is essentially stateless and you
> can have any number of email windows showing any number of things in
> any sequence, and it all works properly.  I.e. it passes whatever
> selection parameters (folder, message lists, etc.) to each command, it
> extracts components of messages to standard output for inclusion into
> the web page, inline images are done using "Data URIs" so they don't
> have to call back to the webserver, etc.
>
> So, having the MH-W framework itself using any temporary files or
> lists is a show-stopper for me at this time.

Given it's cleaning up, I think the above is OK with foo being the UUID
equivalent for an MH sequence name.  :-)  Note, if the user has `pick:
-seq lp' in ~/.mh_profile, or similar, then your uses of pick, etc.,
might affect that global state anyway, e.g. `lp' value, unless steps are
taken to avoid it.