Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilt

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilter
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:21:23 -0400

Norm wrote:

> Also, I had to use yum to install several non-standard perl modules.

Yes, that's a drawback of using perl.  Long term, we want
to get it into C, so this wouldn't be an issue.

> At least, for now, I have decided to not use replyfilter. Instead, I will
> continue to do what I have been doing. When necessary, I use mhshow, to get
> some text, select it, put it into my editor (norms-cool-editor), and do a
> regex replacement to insert the "> " prefixes.

The default mhl.reply has this:

    body:component="> ",overflowtext="> ",overflowoffset=0

which prefixes the body lines.

> What should nmh-1.7, do in about mime, in replying?

I'm wondering if we should separate out the functions that
replyfilter does now:

    1) identify text/plain and text/html parts
    2) decode them if base64 or QP
    3) reformat them with an external filter(s)

(and whatever I missed) and see how we can control them
individually, and get it to fit better with the existing
repl filter mechanism.