Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7

From: Joel Uckelman
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 00:35:04 -0700

Thus spake Jerrad Pierce:
> >I'll echo Norm's request for better repl to MIME messages.
> >couldn't use it due to Perl madness, and haven't gone in to
> >figure it out.  Also, I'm little wary of depending on par in
> >a UTF-8 world:  the patch to par to deal with multibyte
> >characters has a known problem.
> PAR would help in this case, it bundles a perl script and its
> dependencies into a single executable for easy distribution.

par isn't very much code, and it produces pleasing results. I've
already hacked on it a bit to fix a problem with the UTF-8 patch.
There's still one probelm I know of which I haven't had time to
investigate, but with the modified patch it mostly works. I likely
will come back to that sometime this summer. I'd prefer that we fix
the problem with par rather than dumping it.

--
J.