[Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 00:24:10 -0400

Since we're HOPEFULLY in the final days/weeks of the 1.6 release cycle,
I'm wondering if we should start putting together a wishlist for 1.7.

Personally, I'd like:

- Encrypted email support, both PGP/GnuPG and S/MIME.  I actually need
  some of this for work.  I don't think I can at least do S/MIME with just
  OpenSSL, since I need support for PKCS11 modules and OpenSSL doesn't do
  that really that well yet.  Maybe this can be done via a nmh-supplied
  helper application ... will need to dig into this.

- Selectable content-type preferences for multipart/alternative in mhshow.

- Some attempt to redoing our whole MIME data model.  Really, it's all sort
  of hacked on ... this has been discussed in the past, but really, maybe
  it's time to tackle it?

Other thoughts?