Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 13:58:20 -0400

>but i was just sitting eating lunch, trying to decide how clever to be:
>currently mhlist converts "2563123" bytes to "2503K", which i've always
>found to be somewhat ugly -- i'd prefer a small number of M instead of a
>large number of K. do we need to stick with that format?

I believe "no".  I agree it's nicer, and I see no reason to stick with
the original format exactly.

>but if we don't, should the conversion use 1024 ("2.4M") or 1000
>("2.6M") as the divisor? and of course that leads to MB vs.  MiB. and
>how many digits should there be after the decimal? sigh.

I'm fine with 1000 as the divisor (that's what is done now, right?  No,
actually, I'm wrong; the divisor is >> 10).  So I guess 1024 is fine
as a divisor, actually ... I don't have strong feelings about that.
A single letter indicating the metric prefix is fine to me.