Re: [Nmh-workers] fedora package list for nmh builds, anyone?

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] fedora package list for nmh builds, anyone?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:18:36 -0700

On Mar 12, 2014, at 3:08 PM, Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm surprised the build-bots aren't trying a few common combinations of
> configure options to show up changes that break outside the
> contributor's normal set.

It's actually not that hard.  It's just tedious – very very tedious – to set up
the buildmaster config to handle that.  And there have been many other things
that have captured my attention ahead of that task ;-)

The original purpose of the buildbots was to shake out portability issues
across different UNIX variants.  For that it has been successful.  But when you
get into the n! permutations of build configs, scalability goes all to hell in
a hurry.

If we had more machines in the build cluster I wouldn't be so concerned.  But
right now all the build slaves are VMs running on my Mac Mini, and I do like to
use it for other things, too :-)

--lyndon