Re: [Nmh-workers] refile and moving sequences with messages

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] refile and moving sequences with messages
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:57:23 -0400

>>> It does seem that it's not exactly easy to find out what sequences a message
>>> is on.  You'd think mark -list would do it, but not exactly.  That might
>>> require some changes to the "mark" command.
>
>This is the last piece of the puzzle.  I need to basically write the
>predicate "is message N in sequence S?"  Ideas on how to do that?
>I've combed the man pages and haven't found a way, yet.  Ideas
>welcome.

There were some suggestions, but none of them are perfect.  Paul Fox's
suggestion of "if pick seq | grep -q N" is probably the closest, but
that's not perfect either (if you're looking at message 5, then that would
match any message that contains a 5 in the message number).

>What do you think about this functionality being added natively to
>refile?  Possibly via a command line switch?  -retain-sequences or
>something.

That would be useful, I think.  Patches would be welcome.