Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 00:11:00 -0500

>FWIW, nedmail and friends on Plan9 punt in text/html by piping the
>part through htmlfmt(1).  This turns things into a reasonable text
>representation, absent javascript and obtuse use of frames and tables.
>It works surprisingly well for most of the HTML-only content I get stuck
>with.

htmlfmt is a Plan 9 thingy, right?  FWIW, for replyfilter I borrowed a page
from mha-mhedit and use w3m to translate HTML to plain text; it seems like
that would also be simple for nmh to use.  Although ... maybe nowadays it
wouldn't be so bad to simply convert to the desired format on the fly
for searching.  Okay, as David pointed out earlier that's okay for a
nmh tool like pick but not so great for a Unix tool like grep.