Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] UTF=8 in message bodies
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:04:41 -0800

On 2012-12-05, at 4:59 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> I have a hard time believing we
> have nmh users that want to submit email to an SMTP server that doesn't
> support 8BITMIME.  Once it leaves the local mail server then of course
> all bets are off but that's not an nmh problem.

So did I, until I had to support email software for a living :-P

It's out there.  It's annoying.  And it's not going away in either of our
lifetimes.

There is no pain to support 7bit in nmh: it's already there.  While I am a big
fan of ripping out code, there are times when it's not appropriate, and this in
one of them.

--lyndon