Re: [Nmh-workers] replyfilter

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] replyfilter
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:13:17 -0400

>But, I'm wondering how I might go about fixing this?  I guess
>I'll wait for the next offending message to have something to
>work with.  The par manual page didn't have much to say about
>this, other than that error messages are printed, and output
>functions aren't checked for errors.

I like par fine and I'm glad it has a man page ... but it's damn near
incomprehensible.

I had the same problem as well,  I tracked it down to this:

       R[Report] If Report is 1, it is considered an error for an  input  word
                 to  contain  more  than L = (width ‐ prefix ‐ suffix)
charac‐
                 ters.  Otherwise, such words are chopped after each Lth char‐
                 acter into shorter words.  Defaults to 0.

And you have to hunt for it, but there's also this:

       The remaining thirteen parameters, body, cap,  div,  Err,  expel,  fit,
       guess,  invis,  just,  last,  quote,  Report,  and touch, may be set to
       either 0 or 1.  If the number is absent in the option, the value  1  is
       inferred.

>   PARINIT=rTbgqR w65 B=.?!_A_a Q=_s>|

So mine is now:

    PARINIT=rTbgqR0 B=.,?_A_a Q=_s>|