Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 20:13:13 -0500

>I'm more sure about the other two: dist(1) could recreate
>a mime mail, since we need that mime-creation functionality
>anyways. And as stated before I think one should verify a
>mail only once. The first time you show(1) a PGP/MIME mail
>it (asks for the password and decrypts and) tries to verify
>the mail. (not a valid signature: delete or keep)

Ouch, the mail gets stored _unencrypted_?  I think that's a terrible
idea.  I'd be okay with adding code that did that, but I would never
support making that default behavior.  One-time signature verification,
that is okay.

Regarding the other ideas about changing the back-end storage of messages;
I _myself_ am not interested in writing that code.  If someone else wants
to write that code, I would be supportive of adding it to nmh (but we'd
have to think about compatibility, etc etc).  So have at it, gentlemen!