[Nmh-workers] The test system does not install

From: markus schnalke
Subject: [Nmh-workers] The test system does not install
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:17:44 +0100

Hoi,

seems as if test systems, if they exist at all, aren't used regularly.
Because if they would, then people would have noticed that nmh's test
system is broken. I can't set it up. Too bad because I really wanted
to write some new tests. ;-)

If I understood correctly, it has to be done this way:

    cd test
    ./setup-test

The output then ends with:

    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `scan': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `send': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `show': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `sortm': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `whatnow': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `whom': No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [install-cmds] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nmh-test-zGqLqrdc/bld/uip'
    make: *** [install] Error 1

The temporary test build directory /tmp/nmh-test-zGqLqrdc/bld contains
man pages and Makefiles, but no sources nor compiled files are there.

I don't feel able to solve the issue.

meillo