Re: [Nmh-workers] outstanding patches

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] outstanding patches
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:31:57 -0400

On Thu, 26 May 2005 15:44:29 +0200, Harald Geyer said:

> Hm, ok then this probably isn't that much of an issue as I thought before.
> Is fprintf(stderr, "...") ok? After all it should be unbuffered?

Don't count on unbuffered semantics, unless you can find a reference that
states that stderr is unbuggered. I can remember having issues with doing
an fprintf(stderr,.. trying to track down a SEGV in a program, and having to
specifically do a setbuf() on stderr to make it cough up the fprintf before it
hit the SEGV a few lines later...  So at least on some (admittedly decade-ago)
systems, it was *not* unbuffered.